About Me: Paralegal Programmer
- I live in South Florida, where the only “season” we concern ourselves with is hurricane season.
- I became interested in the online space and most importantly, how to modify it, during the MySpace phase. My MySpace page was killer, I cannot deny it. Having the ability to a make the page look any way I wanted it to was really appealing and fun.
- I am a paralegal at a Fortune 100 insurance company by day and a self-taught programmer by night.
- I recently became a Certified Scrum Master. I love working with teams and improving relationships, processes, and workflow using Agile methods such as Scrum and Kanban.
- I have been a paralegal for 16years, 11 of them at my current company.
- I have a Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communications from Florida International University.
- I am have an Masters in Business Administration from Lake Forest Graduate School of Management.
- I worked through FreeCodeCamp, Sitepoint, Skillcrush, Udemy and Coursera to learn about web development.
- I have been attending Meetups for Agile, Coding, and WordPress and have met a lot of really cool people as well as learned interesting things about the industry. My favorite Meetups are South Florida Women in Agile, South Florida WordPress Meetup and of course, my own meetup, Saturday Coding Club.
- I also help small business connect with more customers through Twitter Promotions.
5 More Things About Me
- My favorite color is red.
- I used to live in California and do ballet.
- I do not like bones in my chicken.
- I was a vegetarian for 12 years, which probably explains item #3.
- Sarah Connor is my hero followed closely by Xena and Wonder Woman All, you will note, are fictional characters. Real people are too flawed to be heroes unless you like to wallow in disappointment when they fall off the pedestal.