I also impulsively signed up for a Skillcrush bundle in Front End Development and WordPress Development. I’m such a sucker for good marketing and rah rah cheerleading. Plus, they offered a discount. I feel like I need a little push. Skillcrush gives me a schedule, so I feel more pressure to actually work (at least one hour) everyday, plus I have spent money on it and I hate wasting money.
Also tonight I was unable to fall asleep. Usually I mindlessly read my twitter and Facebook feeds, play BingoPop and read Lifehacker. I did a little bit of that, but then I realized the futility of those things and decided to go to my Coursera course instead. That’s one reason i started it–it’s easily accessible on mobile so I have no excuse for not learning something new everyday.
In other news, I have done absolutely nothing for my MBA Marketing class for the last two days. I guess Wednesday is my MBA day for this week.
Some great reads from earlier today:
- 8 Jobs That Are Easier To Land If You Can Code
- How To Learn To Code For (Almost) Free
- Trello’s take on how gamification can improve your productivity
- #wordpresswebinar #tagboard (the first #tagboard I have ever seen.)
- HTML5 Overview and resources
- Torn between these 2 JS books ( I just bought HTML and CSS: Design and Build a website by Jon Duckett on Friday when I bought Jurgen Appelo’s Managing for Happiness, so I am excited for them to arrive.)
One great find: W3C Validator
I’m a freelance web consultant living in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. I work with clients to create beautiful, functional websites. I am also a Certified Scrum Master and I love working with and improving teams.
You must be logged in to post a comment.